On the 27 December 2018, the Commissioner of Tonga Fire and Emergency Services, Lofia-‘i-Vailahi Heimuli passed away. Accordingly, a TFES operation was opened to facilitate the state funeral of the late Commissioner.
On leave TFES staff were recalled to assist and TFES spent the last few days of 2018 preparing for the funeral. The funeral of the late Commissioner was successfully conducted on the 12 January 2019.
RECORD OF SERVICE
Fire Commissioner for Tonga Fire and Emergency Services,
Full Name : Lofia-‘I-Vailahi HEIMULI
Date of Birth : 27 April 1955
Place of Birth : Makave, Vava’u
RECORD OF SERVICE IN THE POLICE FORCE AND TONGA FIRE & EMERGENCY SERVICES
- 4 April 1974 he was recruit at the Tonga Police when he still 18 years of age;
- 21 June 1974 he start work at the Charge Office at Nuku’alofa Police Station;
- 15 September 1974 he enter recruit course No. 8 at the Police Training School;
- 23 May 1975 start work at Traffic Section of Tonga Police;
- 13 January 1977 he was confirm as a Police Constable for Tonga Police;
- 18 May 1978 he was work at (PMU) Police Mobile Unit;
- 26 May 1980 he start work at the Airport Section;
- 3 August 1981 he was transfer from Tonga Police to Tonga Fire Department as a Recruit Fire Fighter;
- 8 August 1981 he was one of the Recruit Fire Fighter No.2 of Tonga Fire Department course was held in Suva, Fiji;
- 16 November 1981 he was confirm as a Fire Fighter;
- 18 February 1992 transfer to Vava’u Fire Station at Neiafu;
- 1 August 1994 transfer to Nuku’alofa Fire Station;
- On the 4 April 1974 -Police Recruit;
- On the 13 August 1977- Police Constable;
- On the 3 August 1981- Recruit Fire Fighter;
- On the 16 November 1981- Fire Fighter;
- On the 7 March 1982- Leading Fire Fighter;
- On the 1 May 1988- Principle Fire Fighter;
- On the 13 December 1995- Fire Officer;
- On the 15 July 1999- Assistant Chief Fire Officer;
- On the 26 September 2004- Chief Fire Officer
- On the 23 February 2011- CEO/ Fire Commissioner for Tonga Fire & Emergency Services
- On the 4 March 2015- renew his Contract until 4 March 2019.
- Acting Police Commissioner 17 November – 22 November 2007.
- Police Recruit No. 8 (8th April 1975)
- Senior Police Constables Assessment Course No.8 (1981)
- Radio Telephone Communication Course at Taliai Military Camp (4th – 30 March 1985)
- Professional Drivers Course (18 September 1995)
- Protective Security Course No.1 (2 – 6 September 1996)
- Domestic Violence for Senior Officers (4 – 6 October 1999)
- Fire Prevention (26/3 – 6/4/2001)
- Exercise Long Reach 2004 (26 October – 5 November 2004)
- Recruit Fireman Training Course No.2, Suva Fiji (8 August 1981 – 31 October 1981).
- Techniques for Senior Police Managers, Sydney Australia (20 – 24 May 1996)
- Firefighting Techniques Japan (7 July – 24 October 1997).
- Regional Exercise Management Course, Nadi Fiji (15 – 21 September 2003)
- Officer Training Program, Metropolitan Fire Service, Adelaide South Australia (20 – 22 April 2004).
Sustainable Development Program Executive Planning Meeting
- When these time Lofia-‘i-Vailahi Heimuli was a Commissioner for Tonga Fire & Emergency Services from 2004-2018; He participate on behalf of Tonga Fire & Emergency Services to a meeting between SA Metropolitan Fire Service was held in Australia, New Zealand and also our neighbor countries including Tonga.
- He was play rugby for Tonga Police for many years and also one of the representatives of the Department in the rugby tour to New Zealand on August 1975.
- He was studied at Tonga High School and he passes Tonga Higher Leaving Certificate 1971.
- He received a Diploma ‘i he Management Studies from University of the South Pacific 1996.
- He received a Bachelor of Arts ‘i he Management and Public Administration in 1999 from the University of the South Pacific.